Wednesday, August 13, 2008

#73 Mullein (AKA Kitty Cabbage)



Locally Mullein is known as "Rabbit Tobacco". Anna couldn't remember what it was once, and yelled excitedly when she saw some, "Look! It's Kitty Cabbage!". So for us, it's Kitty Cabbage. lol
Mullein is used as an herb for asthma...it's supposed to help ease breathing, but I've never tried it. I've always been afraid of it. It's also a blood thinner, and I don't want to mess with that sort of thing.
When I was a kid I would collect the leaves to use as blankets for my dolls, because they're soft and furry. ; )
..........................................................................................................................................................................
This is a delightful page with information about mullein.

No comments: